Friday, July 17, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Pere Ubu - The Art of Walking

Pere Ubu - The Art of Walking


#236
June 1 1980
Pere Ubu
The Art of Walking
Genre: You really gotta be in the mood…
1.5 out of 5




I’m sitting in my garage.
I’ve set up a table as a desk against the wall.
The door is up, it’s a beautiful day out.
I just wiped my car down, which is weird cuz I don’t drive it. 
People walk by, some in masks, some without…that’s mostly kids, though.
I just got done with Klaatu (which is a terrible album to wash a car to cuz you gotta keep making notes as to how awful some of it is) and then here come Pere Ubu.
This album is the Residents album Frank Zappa forgot to make so he handed it off to Captain Beefheart who just gave up and did something else. Like the laundry. 
The 80s gave us some great experimentation that built and also tore down the work that was being done in the 70s. 
This is not that. 
It’s actually sort of horrible. 

No comments: