Sunday, May 5, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Uriah Heep - Equator

Uriah Heep - Equator


#76
March 12 1985
Uriah Heep
Equator
Genre: Pop Metal
2.25 out of 5



Abominog. 
That’s the only album of Uriah Heep’s that anyone ever needs. 
Before that, it was garbage and after that…stuff like Equator. The album opens with a pale and embarrassing attempt to be Def Leppard. There’s one Def Leppard. We need absolutely zero more. Especially from a band that has been around since……19fucking69. 
And then they decide, hey, let’s be Foreigner. Because we need more of that MOR Pop Metal. 
Ugh. This is as pedestrian as it can be. 
This is their 16th album. And, by my count, the 5th record I’ve heard. Only one is of any value. The one I mentioned at the top. 
I’ve already spent more energy writing about this than is deserved. But I listened to the whole goddamned thing. 
Cuz that’s what I do. 


No comments: