Monday, May 20, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Blurt - Friday the 12th

Blurt - Friday the 12th


#136
April 1985
Blurt 
Friday the 12th
Genre: No Wave
2.25 out of 5


Highlights:
Enemy Ears


When my band, Yeast Infection, played our one and only concert at The Dive in NY, the manager of the club came up on stage and blew his trumpet atonally during our opus, “I’m an Artist (You Don’t Believe Me, I’ll Draw on Your Fucking Face)”. 
That’s what this album sounds like. And you would not be able to convince me that he is not the sax player on this record. 
Thing is, I’m not sure I have any place for this in my life back then or now. It strikes me that I would rather listen to early Swans (again) than sit through this…indulgence. 
And that’s what it is…percussive indulgence with a dash of British horror snot. If you told me that this was all recorded by one guy, in his parent’s basement, who then, either killed himself or became an accountant, I would totally believe you. 

 https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBJ7ztNazTVALlJzWCHS_fFd0iqsu0SS9

No comments: