Monday, May 20, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Manilla Road - Open the Gates

Manilla Road - Open the Gates


#129
April 28 1985
Manilla Road
Open the Gates
Genre: Heavy Metal
2.25 out of 5

Highlights:
Weavers of the Web

I must confess I had high hopes for this one. I really liked Crystal Logic so I thought this might be as surprising and fun as that one.
Alas. I also must confess…the only way I could get through this was to drink. A lot. Yes, it was an Orange SodaStream & cheap gin night. Because this album is 3 hours long. How they fit all that on a 40 minute lp is sort of amazing. 
“Heavy Metal to the World” might as well have been a Motörhead song. And one that Lemmy would have rejected. The whole record is one shoutfest after another with little to hold on to as you wait for the next majestic shredtastic solo.





No comments: