Friday, May 10, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Exodus - Bonded By Blood

Exodus - Bonded By Blood


#126
April 26 1985
Exodus
Bonded By Blood
Genre: Thrash Metal
3 out of 5

Highlights:
A Lesson in Violence

This band was started by Kirk Hammett whose manager suggested he leave them and join Metallica. 
I think he made the right choice. Not to say this is bad, the playing is remarkable. Put them up with Slayer, Megadeth and Metallica. But the songs…they aren’t very inspiring. The lead singer (I know he gets replaced soon after this) is just more a caricature than a rousing inspirer. But, damn can these guys play!
Some have said that Exodus should be included in the Holy 4 of Thrash Metal with Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax and Megadeth, making it 5. I don’t know. I get that they were early practitioners. This didn’t blow me away. 


No comments: