Friday, May 10, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Men at Work - Two Hearts

Men at Work - Two Hearts


#125
April 23 1985
Men at Work
Two Hearts
Genre: Rock
2.25 out of 5


The final Men at Work album is the sound of fatigue. Of fulfilling a contract. Of writing by numbers. 
The songs are perfectly mundane but the band sounds like they wrote it by committee. It’s not fun but it’s not horrible. If I kept this in my library or a tune came up randomly on an 80s playlist I wouldn’t change the station or move to the next song. I would just let it play out, “She Gives Me Everything” is a perfect example. It’s like weak coffee. The taste is there but it doesn’t give me that jolt. 
Why why WHY is there RAP ON A MEN AT WORK ALBUM?!?!?
This album is a bore. I can’t recommend a single song on it. That makes me sad. 


No comments: