Monday, May 20, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Toy Dolls - A Far Out Disc

Toy Dolls - A Far Out Disc


#135
April 1985
Toy Dolls
A Far Out Disc
4.25 out of 5


Highlights:
She Goes to Finos
Modern School of Motoring
Bless You My Son 


Is this The Rezillos? It sounds like The Rezillos. Or the Revillos. You know how much I love The Rezillos?? When someone said my band sounded like The Rezillos I nearly kissed that person. Because The Rezillos album was one the best I’ve ever heard. 
Anyway. 
If you like cheeky, angular, super fast paced, airless, tight New Wave Oi, THIS is for you. 
I totally love this stuff. 
If you grew up in the 80s in New Jersey you will understand when I say that this is like a British Uncle Floyd Show. 
The fact that there is an actual commercial for the last record IN this record featuring snippets of hits from that record…I…just…can’t even. 
This is a blast. 


No comments: