Sunday, May 5, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Mountain - Go for Your Life

Mountain - Go for Your Life


#73
March 8 1985
Mountain
Go for Your Life
Genre: Blues Rock
2 out of 5

Highlights:
Shimmy on the Footlights


I really wanted this to be good. I know nothing of Mountain except that Leslie West is a legend. So, this is my introduction to them. 
I honestly didn’t expect this many keyboards. Or this much juvenility. 
The most it comers close to interesting ZZ Top-esque boogie rock is “Shimmy on the Footlights”. And that’s still barely of interest. 
Too bad. I bet these guys were great at one point.
Dumb fact:
This was produced by Pete Solley, who, at one point, produced Oingo Boingo. 
There is a song here called “I Like Young Girls”.
I believe there is a connection. I believe it’s dark. And I don’t wanna know any more about it. 

No comments: