Sunday, May 5, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Liege Lord - Freedom's Rise

Liege Lord - Freedom's Rise


#77
March 12 1985
Liege Lord
Freedom’s Rise
Genre: Metal
3.75 out of 5


I have a confession to make. While I was listening to this I was using it to set up our Alexa Echo Dots. See, when my bike was stolen it was brought up to me by my neighbor that they were nonplussed that I, of all people, didn’t have some sort of monitoring system. Considering that we have WiFi lights by Hue, Echo dots everywhere, a wifi scale, a bluetooth blood sugar sensor that I wear, an Apple Watch, etc…how could I have let this slip by?
He was correct. So, I went out and purchased a bunch of Ring accessories to have installed around the exterior. Upgraded front doorbell with higher resolution, floodlight camera in the backyard to upgrade the old and rusted floodlights that are out there, a spotlight camera to monitor the garage door and, of course, a wifi enabled garage door opener. (Don’t @ me with stories of how thieves can hack it, I have a garage door opener that could easily be hacked already, this would at least notify me if the door was opened). 
So, what’s the point? Well, with each of these devices we received a new Echo Dot. And I was trying to turn them into a Whole hose system, which is not as easy as it should be for streaming something on Sonos. Sadly, I can’t figure out how to stream from the MacBook to all the devices at once, which is what I was endeavoring to do with this album, since it’s only available on YouTube. 
So, I have a system that can simulate my Sonos with inferior sound but can’t do this one function which I guess is fine, I can still stream it to ONE speaker. 
Anyway.
Liege Lord.
Metal with purpose. 
It’s not bad. I wish I could have it fill the house but, even though I can’t, it still works. It’s very metal. Very very Priest. This whole album feels like an audition to be the opening band on a Judas Priest tour. 

No comments: