Wednesday, August 10, 2022

The 1982 Listening Post - Gordon Lightfoot - Shadows

 Gordon Lightfoot - Shadows


January 1 1982

Gordon Lightfoot

Shadows

Genre: singer songwriter

2.25 out of 5


Is it weird that we include Gordon in this project? I mean, his contribution to “rock” expired almost before it started, right?

There are a gazillion singer songwriters who populate alcoshantys on every seaboard. I feel like he just lucky at a time when everyone was giving this stuff up. 

And then I think, you know what. Give him a thesaurus and he might be The Decembrists. 

Gordon is one of them heartbroken troubadours. Always searching for love. Or musing on it. 

But he isn’t all that interesting. 

I know that some people think this album is a high water mark for Gordon but I think he’s an aged cow that should be put to pasture. 


Next.


https://music.apple.com/us/album/shadows-remastered/500820934

No comments: