Monday, August 8, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Brooklyn - You Never Know What You'll Find

 Brooklyn - You Never Know What You'll Find


#735

1981 Housekeeping

Brooklyn

You Never Know What You’ll Find

Genre: Rock

3.5 out of 5




Highlights:

I Wann Be a Detective

Born to Win



Wailing vocals…check.

Crunchy guitars…check.

Harmonies…check. 


No idea who these guys were or where they came from or how they got a deal and I’m not gonna take the time to find out. This is all very mediocre songs about girls and love and attitude. 

You can hear them playing the 1PM slot at a Monsters of Rock show on the 3rd stage. 

I picture them singing their hearts out in the studio, thinking, “Yeah! This is only the beginning boys!”


Narrator: It wasn’t. 


I kind of dig the arrogant goofiness of “I Wanna Be A Detective” and “Born to Win”. 


One of these guys would go on to find modest success with a band called Diesel Park West. I’ve never heard of them but they put out a bunch of records in the 90s and beyond. Including their debut in 1989…so, we could actually get to that. 





https://music.apple.com/us/album/you-never-know-what-youll-find/286010916

No comments: