Tuesday, August 9, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Union - On Strike

 Union - On Strike



#746

June 1981

Union

On Strike

Genre: Randy Bachman

2.25 out of 5




Requisite 80s cover:

Is it a requisite if it’s a cover of a shitty song that was just released the year before? “Keep the Summer Alive” isn’t a good Beach Boys song. It’s not a good Union tune either.


Wait! I just had that Bachman co-wrote that hot garbage. So…it’s not reallllly a cover, is it?



There was a band everybody had on Soulseek whose music I never heard but I loved the name, Kathleen Turner Overdrive. 

I should look them up.


This is a Randy Bachman, post BTO, album. 


I’m not a big BTO fan, they are kind of before this project. 


This sounds like a side project by a bunch of bored musicians whose best days were behind them. Case in point: “Keep the Summer Alive”.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23_FX_r3-O4&list=PLlvn8uktX5Ltzv1SEPlReNptH8XG1868a

No comments: