Friday, March 18, 2011

Listening Post: Brian Eno - Music For Airports (Updated)


Brian Eno - Music for Airports - 1978

And I'm done.
Music for Airports is exactly what it says it is. Music to help with the monotony and anxiety of flying. It's new age to the very core.
I listened to it twice and by that I mean that I can't recall a bit of it. Which is what it's supposed to be, I guess. But, background muzak doesn't interest me in the least.
Which is what this is.

One more thing. Listening to it today, I think Trent Reznor's Oscar for The Social Network soundtrack should probably be shared with Eno. The first track on this album is the obvious precursor to it.

Hard to grade. Technically fine. But, what a waste of my time....

UPDATE: I've not been able to escape M4A since I wrote this review. As it stands right now, it's been pouring in Los Angeles for the entire day. How did I spend the afternoon? Reading and listening to Music For Airports. The baby is sleeping? What music to help keep him calm? Music for Airports. I'm planning a trip in a couple weeks and I can't wait to listen, in the airport, to Music for Airports.

Grade: C
New Grade: A

No comments: