Monday, August 9, 2021

The 1980 Listening Post - New Riders of the Purple Sage - Feelin' All Right

 New Riders of the Purple Sage - Feelin' All Right


July 1980

New Riders of the Purple Sage

Feelin’ All Right

Genre: Rock?

2.75 out of 5




Was there a Riders of the Purple Sage? Were they always “new”? I don’t know that I want to investigate that.

Some of this is really lovely. Like Bread. Or America. I wouldn’t go to it but I’m not gonna take to social media to trash them.

If you ever choose to listen to this record, and really, why would you, maybe you’ll agree with my assessment: These songs were all barely completed but they just went ahead and recorded them and moved on to the rest of their lives.


Sounds like it to me. 


Trouble is the songs aren’t really engaging. They’re okay for a band playing at 2 in the afternoon at a Beach Party. But I don’t go to those. 






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYZE8Zig_-k

No comments: