Monday, August 9, 2021

The 1980 Listening Post - Henry Paul Band - Feel the Heat

 Henry Paul Band - Feel the Heat



#85

1980 Housekeeping

Henry Paul Band

Feel the Heat

Genre: Generic “Southern” Rock Goes Pop!

3.25 out of 5



Highlights:

Turn It Up


I am using the term “Southern Rock” loosely. I mean, I *guess* this falls in the Molly Hatchet, Skynrd, Allman Bros family but it’s sort of not, either. Ok, I mean, the players know how to play their instruments but the songs are just excuses for each of them to take 8 bars and go to town. “Whiskey Talkin’” is the most evident and egregious example. It’s a couple verses, repeat the phrase “It’s just the whiskey talkin’”  and play a bunch of solos. 

If it isn’t like that, then it’s just one anonymously mediocre song after another. But, the truth is, they are all like that. 

(I did sort of like the generic beer-fest rocker “Turn It Up”.)




https://music.apple.com/us/artist/henry-paul-band/322074457

No comments: