Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Journalists doing their job? WTF?

I noticed something interesting today. I was at the gym and I was watching CNN and Rick Sanchez (www.twitter.com/ricksanchezcnn) showed footage of John McCain using the term "Lipstick on a Pig".
Then I watched as Contessa Brewer on MSNBC wouldn't let a question of hers go unanswered and spun.
Then I saw Norah O'Donnell do the same thing.

Then I saw Chris Matthews hold up a book written by McCain's Strategist called, of all things, "Lipstick on a Pig."
I know, I know, MSNBC is in the tank for the left. This isn't about that (although is it so bad to have a leftist version of FOX?)
This is about journalists refusing to let the spinmeisters have control.
When a journalist asks a question and the political hack answers by changing the subject it is the DUTY of the journalist to point that out and bring it back to the question.
It's not bad journalism.When they let the spinners change the subject then they may as well be handing them a platform for their talking points.
This time, today, four journalists got it right.

I need to get out more.

No comments: