Friday, March 4, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Rocky Sharpe and the Replays - Let's Go

 Rocky Sharp and the Replays - Let's Go


#448

September 1981

Rocky Sharpe and The Replays

Let’s Go

Genre: 50s Faithful

3.5 out of 5



Highlights:

Shout Shout (Knock Yourself Out)




In the 70s K-Tel used to put out records of “Today’s hits!” for cheap. I remember telling a kid on the bus that I ordered it, thinking I was cool. He promptly informed me that they were all covers by people you’d never heard of. He was right. The record was garbage. I never forgot that.


This is an album of classic 50s rock songs redone by a British revivalist. He’s true to the songs so, ultimately, this is “K-Tel’s hits of the 50s!”.


The songs are all great, but I’d rather hear the ‘riginals.


I’m glad they covered Rockpile’s “Heart” and even though it works as Doo-Wop, it just makes me wanna go back to the Nick Lowe version.


https://music.apple.com/us/album/shout-shout/590157367

No comments: