Thursday, September 9, 2021

The 1980 Listening Post - Winterhawk - Dog Soldier

 Winterhawk - Dog Soldier


1980 Housekeeping

Winterhawk

Dog Soldier

Genre: Rock

2 out of 5



Lowlights:

Lady Blue



Winterhawk was a rock band that was fronted by a Native American and, I think, so was the rest of the band. 

And, that explains the cover. I mean, there’s a tinge of outlaw rock going on but for the most part it’s pretty straight forward rock with lead guitar solos aplenty.  Winterhawk is a rock band that is out of place in 1980. As are so many others. 


As pedestrian as it gets. And at this point I need songs that move me or surprise me or do…anything besides swagger and give space to lead licks. 


Next. 





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLd_vQUOzt8&list=PLlvn8uktX5Lu3fnYJhJCOV9VFUUB_wQqZ

No comments: