Thursday, September 9, 2021

The 1980 Listening Post - Sneakers - Ear Cartoons

 Sneakers - Ear Cartoons


1980 Housekeeping

Sneakers

Ear Cartoons

Genre: Local Band Rock

3.25 out of 5



Requisite 80s Cover: “It’s My Life”. And it’s not inspired. But it closes the album out and that’s when you know you can turn it off. Even they got too bored to come up with something to finish this thing out. 


With this title and that cover I want this to be nothing but zany. Like, mid-70s zany. You know what I’m talking about. When novelty songs were at their height. I’m talking “Mr. Jaws” era.


Is it?


No. The band sounds just as bored playing these middling rock pieces as I do hearing them.


The album cover is a lie. There’s nothing wacky for your ear here. Just a bunch of middling tunes that I bet everyone in this band has forgotten by this point. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUeWuz_I1io&list=PLlvn8uktX5LuKWKgqzED5ZOhAA2cBTADw

No comments: