Friday, January 25, 2008

MTV 1983

Got 3 hours? I've got something for you. A couple years ago VH1 celebrated the 25th anniversary of MTV by airing the FIRST DAY! Except that it really wasn't. It was cut up. Filled with a lot of videos that actually weren't part of the first day, etc.
And, where were the commercials? And music news breaks?
Well, someone uploaded 3 hours of vintage MTV from 1983 and I've embedded it here for your viewing pleasure.

I am adding mine to my ipod. Happy days!

For those that are interested, The Tubes' video for The Monkey Time shows up around 16:00 on the first half. And at 28:00 or so, the post apocalyptic, tattered but colorful, Mad Max inspired "Synchronicity ii" might be the actual reason Sting left the band.



1 comment:

John said...

Holy crap, I don't think I've EVER seen the Tubes' "Monkey Time video . . . though I'm guessing it's the new vocals single version without Martha Davis, which I wasn't fond of . . .

I