Sunday, May 5, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Black Sun Ensemble - Black Sun Ensemble

Black Sun Ensemble - Black Sun Ensemble


#99
March 1985
Black Sun Ensemble
Black Sun Ensemble
0.5 out of 5


I really wish this was an Ensemble as in some kind of fashion statement instead of what I just had to sit through: Meandering Improvisational Psychedelia Jazz Rock fusion. Five of those words are headache inducing for me. 
For every masturbatory guitar solo track (the plodding “Mayan Dance”) there’s a turgid piece of somnambulance (“Blues in B Minor”). Songs like “Red Ocean” are deceiving because they sound like they might actually not be boring and hackish and then they sound…well…like me on guitar. My band took my guitar away for a reason. 
THREE MINUTES OF GUITAR FUZZ NOODLING!! Like they just got a phase pedal or something. 
UGH!
This has no business being on this list. This just makes me angry. 
My rating for this is purely biased. 
I hated this. Every second of it. 


No comments: