Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Listening Post: Sonic Youth - Dirty

I've got to be missing something.......




Sonic Youth - Dirty - 1992 (Amazon - iTunes)

I do admit, from the opening strains of 100 Percent, it really feels like Sonic Youth has traveled well afar from their noise-only early days. Then the most amazing thing happened.

I woke up.

And the record was over.

Sonic Youth puts me to sleep. It's just white noise after a while.

Honestly, I had to go back and remind myself of what I was listening to.

And if I never have to listen to "Why are you so meano" on Swimsuit Issue I will be just fine thank you.

Grade D
A Side: 100 Percent, Purr
BlindSide: Nothing. It's everything one would expect from the masters of atonal noise rock.
DownSide: Swimsuit Issue...well, anything that Kim Gordon is singing on on this piece of atonal crap.

No comments: