Thursday, July 15, 2021

The 1981 Listening Post - Robin Lane and the Chartbusters - Imitation Life

Robin Lane and the Chartbusters - Imitation Life #144 April 21 1981 Robin Lane and the Chartbusters Imitation Life Genre: Rock 2 out of 5 Assignment: Write 100 words on a Robin Lane and the Chartbusters album “Will you pay me for it?” No. “Will I be able to point to your site as a reference for my CV?” Nah, we’re Facebook. However… “Yes?!?” You may cross post it on your blog. “My…blog?” Yes. “The one I started a decade ago when Blogs were a thing and is now only frequented by bots that crawl the internet for search engines?” Yeah. That one. “Sigh…ok. But only because I need to stretch my writing muscle and I have no patience to do any long form writing.” Whatever. We don’t care. 100 words. Go. Robin doesn’t write good songs. Her voice is distancing. The band is uninteresting. She sounds like she wants to be every other woman led band from Pretenders to Go-Gos and falls short on all of them. Done. https://music.apple.com/us/album/many-years-ago-complete-robin-lane-chartbusters-album/1465207251 Songs 12-21 on this comp.

No comments: