Thursday, July 15, 2021

The 1981 Listening Post - Holocaust - Nightcomers

Holocaust - The Nightcomers #141 April 1981 By Michael Gaynor Holocaust ((is that a UK thing, like Joy Division and Spandau Ballet?) The Nightcomers (I sure hope that’s a wet dream joke) Genre: Metal Allen’s Rating: 3 out of 5 Michael’s Rating: 3 out of 5 Highlighteds: Everything except Mavrock Not a metal fan, but I’ll take the Brits over the Sunset Strippers any day. I’d never heard of these guys but they sound like Priest’s ransom Scots cousins. When it comes to metal up-tempo is always better than dirges imo, so thankfully everything on the album is listenable other than Mavrock. I particularly like Death or Glory and not just because it shares a title with the great then two-year old Clash song. I guess Metallica covered them once, I can totally hear that. https://open.spotify.com/album/5bcEM2rjdQiOG5J272Ib2w?si=2kJbJLdFRo2AU2O69l5wxQ

No comments: