Thursday, July 15, 2021

The 1981 Listening Post - Dave Edmunds - Twangin'

Dave Edmunds - Twangin' #138 By Daniel Irwin April 20 1981 Dave Edmunds Twangin’ Genre: Allen’s Rating: 2.5 out of 5 Daniel’s Rating: 3 out of 5 I don’t know what to say about this album, except I was B. O. R. E. D. listening to it. “Almost Saturday Night” is the only track that I vaguely knew, and I remember not liking it back in 1981, when my musical taste wasn’t figured out. Country Welsh Rockabilly? Not my cup of tea. The first handful of songs reminded me of Tom Petty (whose music I very much loved), but the opposite of interesting. The later tracks sound just like 50s/60s tunes by more memorable artists (i.e. Elvis), but I forgot them as soon as they were over. Sorry, nope. Moving on with my life. https://open.spotify.com/album/1ELus4dCVEuSC9rVICAZa3?si=DmICu-IoS9ygXd5QGF0V3w

No comments: