Saturday, July 17, 2021

The 1981 Listening Post - Bruce Cockburn - Inner City Front

Bruce Cockburn - Inner City Front 



#159

1981 Housekeeping

Bruce Cockburn

Inner City Front

Genre: Songwriter Rock

2.5 out of 5




Why do I feel like I’ve entered into the realm of the Billy Joel? Is it the smooth jazzyness of the opening track? 

But, wait…now I’m in latter day Joel…crossed with a soundscape that Gary Numan could toss off in his sleep…


I just don’t get the accolades for Cockburn. I find him unctuous and boring. I mean, I guess if you were a Dream of the Blue Turtles Sting guy, this might be fore you. It’s not for me. I kind of enjoy the Dire Straits/Cars hybrid “Wanna Go Walking” but not enough to ever want to hear it again, let alone highlight it.


This album is a listless hodgepodge of every flabby AOR trope you can think of. 



https://music.apple.com/us/album/inner-city-front-bonus-track-version/303504943

No comments: