Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Listening Post in your hands

The Listening Post series has turned out to be the most fun I've had in a long time. I've come to love some music, hate some, discover some. I thought I knew some things and I knew nothing in comparison.
I am about to go on vacation and I will be bringing the ipod and computer with me. Will I be listening? Will I be blogging? I don't know. But I do know that I have narrowed the field to two bands. Both are iconic. Both got their starts in the early 70s, had some rough times, replaced some key players, revitalized themselves then fell apart in the ways of music and drugs.
One is from the west the other from the east. Pasadena vs. Boston. You would think I would know more about them than I do, but the truth is, until recently, I had never had a complete album by either.
So, I leave it in your hands. You vote in the comments section (all three of you) by the end of this weekend and I will do the band who gets the most love. (I will do the other one next, of course.)
If you so desire, and you have a blog with readers, please compel them to vote as well. Each of these bands has over 100 songs in their catalogue and they have both been in the news lately.
That said, you control the next 10 hours of music that I will be listening to.
Here are the choices:


Aerosmith
or


Van Halen (All three versions)

You decide.

1 comment:

SamuraiFrog said...

My vote is definitely for Van Halen.