Saturday, July 5, 2008

Listening Post: AC/DC Stiff Upper Lip



AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip - 2000

Done.
The last AC/DC album. I want to say that I gave it my full attention and that it was a treat and that there was a lot of great stuff, but it's just not true.
After the first song, the title track which is pretty good, it just all sounds the same. It all sounds like....like them.
The answer to the question of how much AC/DC is too much AC/DC has been answered. Talk about a guest that overstays its welcome. 25 years after they did their most interesting stuff and they still want us to buy their shit. At Wal-Mart, no less.
Truth is, Stiff Upper Lip is fine. It's no better than The Razor's Edge. Not as boring as Ballbreaker. Not as bad as those three horrible ones that came after For Those About to Rock.
I do miss Bon Scott. He was the soul of this group and I don't think they ever recovered.

Okay. Whew. I'm exhausted.

Grade C
A Side: Stiff Upper Lip
Blindside: Can't Stand Still
Down Side: Safe in New York City

No comments: