Saturday, August 29, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Roky Erickson and the Aliens - Roky Erickson and the Aliens

Roky Erickson and the Aliens  - Roky Erickson and the Aliens  


August 22 1980

Roky Erickson and the Aliens

Roky Erickson and the Aliens

Genre: Psychedelic Rock

3.5 out of 5


Highlights:

I Think of Demons



Listen to the second track, “I Think of Demons” and tell me that Roky isn’t the occult version of Lindsey Buckingham. 

Listen to “I Walk with a Zombie” and tell me that Roky isn’t John Fogerty’s spirit animal.

Listen to “A Cold Night for Alligators” and tell me that John Darnielle isn’t a Roky Erickson fan. 

Also, its impossible to listen to him and not hear Warren Zevon’s sideways take on the world. 


In other words, Roky was influenced by and influenced a bunch of people and sounds like all of them. 





https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5PZYVy72ddK88TcBEY2kTN?si=q7fbHcihSESKhEdQRVU1XA

No comments: