Saturday, September 1, 2012

Queen for a Day - Rock It (Prime Jive)



So, Freddie wrote a retro track.
Deacon wrote one.
What's left?

Well, Brian, definitely, but for sure, Roger "I've never had a hit but I don't wanna be left out" Taylor pulled out his guitar and started arpeggiating.
Apeing his song, "Tenement Funster" he pulls out his cheesiest rhymes ("Shoot and Get Your Suit and come along with me"), does his best Elvis mimic and cranks out the beefiest guitar solo on the record. Short, sweet and I'm not sure its Brian and not Roger. And I don't care.

Prime Jive was a great way to open Side Two, it keeps the energy going, reintroduces those synthesizers we might have forgotten about and is a prime indicator of what he would give us on his solo record the next year.

Grade: A-

No comments: