Saturday, September 8, 2012

Queen - Staying Power



I bugged the record store guy at the Union Market every weekend for 2 months about when the new Queen album was coming.
I couldn't wait.
And it didn't get it first. My friend, Randy, did. And we blew off lunch to sneak into the choir room and play it on the turntable.

And we wondered....um....what?

Now, I'm not gonna lie, I like Staying Power. I think it's the go to song for me from this weirdo-experiment disco Queen record. But, I think that's because I really dig the horns. There's no Queen in here, besides Freddie's gay leather bar vocals and John's chic basslines.

I don't think Brian's even on this song. He knew better, I guess.

I like it, but it really belongs on Mr. Bad Guy. This song was a dress rehearsal for Mr. Bulsara's coming out record.

Grade: B+

No comments: