Sunday, January 30, 2011

Just what is this blog, anyway?

There might be some of you who are new to this blog and started reading for the Zack Attack series. Hi!
This blog is actually sort of antiquated and quaint nowadays with the world moving over to Facebook.
Lord knows I certainly partake in that. But I also love blogging. I had one when Liz was in the hospital, one for Zoe's gestation, one for her first few years, I like the format. It's like my own magazine where I am content provider and editor and it's also a diary or repository.

This blog took it's name from the concept of "sevens". The earliest concept was to enlist other bloggers to look at the world the way our bodies shed skin. How do things change every seven years? If you go wayyyy back to the first pages you will see that I tried to do that. But I couldn't stick with it.
Then it became a marker of events that took place during the Obama election which I volunteered for.

Then I had an idea: I wanted to listen to every single U2 record in a row and review them all. That was fun and fed in to my own personal obsessive compulsiveness. And I kept doing it.
before I knew it, this blog was 90% music reviews and 10% whatever else I threw up here. In this week's case, it was about Zachary Lulu and the difficulties we are experiencing with him.

It could change any time but for now it's a blast and I love it. I hope you'll stick around but if you don't, that's cool. I'll be here.

I promise not to make you sit through much more Kiss oriented music. I am almost done with that but I can only take it in small doses.
No. Next up?
Devo!
I'm pretty psyched. The whole point of the project is to look at the catalog of a band that has been around for a long time but is somehow still relevant. Devo's new release allowed me to explore them, just as REM's upcoming release did them.

So, leave a comment, have some matzoh ball soup, knock back a few and welcome to Septenary.

Allen

No comments: