Monday, April 18, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - John Entwistle - Too Late the Hero

 John Entwistle - Too Late the Hero


#548

November 23 1981

John Entwistle

Too Late the Hero

Genre: Wait…you gave The Who’s BASSIST a record deal?!?

1.25 out of 5




Lowlights:

Dancing Master


“Boris the Spider”.

That’s the only song by John Entwhistle that the world ever needed.

Need proof?

Listen to this record. 


Jeez, what I do for this project.


This album is terrible and everyone who was involved, from the A&R people to the people who bought it should be ashamed of themselves. This album is why Rock got a bad name.


There is a song called “Sleeping Man” and I’m pretty sure John was trolling everyone at this point. He will never be forgiven for “Dancing Master”.

Someone listen to “Love is a Heart Attack” and tell me what song I think I’m hearing, cuz I can’t recall. I feel like it’s an interpolation of a Peter Gabriel thing but I can’t be sure. 


You remember that manager that Jimmy Fallon played in “Almost Famous”? He’s the guy responsible for this jackassery. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCDZZ_BPTcs

No comments: