Monday, April 18, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Agent Orange - Living in Darkness

 Agent Orange - Living in Darkness


#540

November 19 1981 LISTENING POST ADMIN DISCOVERY

Agent Orange

Living in Darkness

Genre: Rock

4.75 out of 5



Highlights:

Too Young to Die

Everything Turns Grey

No Such Thing



A big discovery for me has been Agent Orange. Yes, I admit it. I was not an AO fan before this project. I had never heard them. I don’t know why or how they escaped my suburban jewish kid grasp.

This record is a laser focused assault that defies the year it was released. 

There isn’t a bad track on it and the cover of “Miserlou” is so unrecognizable that I would have thought they wrote it.

“No Such Thing” is a Strawberry Alarm Clock tune on amphetamines and that’s what this is. Steeped in late 60s psychedelia but updated in a way to sound fresh in 1981 and 2021.

It’s short. It’s 20 minutes. But that just means I get to play it twice and not feel like I’ve got to get to the next album.





https://music.apple.com/us/album/living-in-darkness-40th-anniversary-edition/168416188

No comments: