Monday, April 18, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Hot Tip - Stop All Motion

 Hot Tip - Stop All Motion


#558

1981 Housekeeping

Hot Tip

Stop All Motion

Genre: Canadian Power Pop

3.5 out of 5



Highlights:

Teach Me Something

Friends



Maybe I should just devote this page to this genre since it’s the only one that seems to pushing any of my buttons lately. The pandemic has made me restless and bored. Filled malaise one day and joyful the next. That’s no way to live. But some of this post-rock depression shit or technosturbation is truly annoying and depressing to have to muddle through. While some of you get to listen to classic records of the era, that’s a blast. I love(d) revisiting them. But, man, the rest of the dregs are dregful. 


Here’s a sweet little power pop gem that there is no way in hell I would have ever heard. I’m entirely sure my life would be fine without it. But it’s nice to give a spin, in the same way that Bay City Rollers are. 


This is what I wish the 10cc would have been more like. It’s got a bit of that Great White North Special Sauce (Maple Syrup, maybe?) I can’t help but feel like some of it sounds like watered down Tubes. At least that’s what “Hard to Be Me” reminds me of. 


https://music.apple.com/us/album/stop-all-motion/303913005

No comments: