Sunday, June 5, 2011

Queen for a Day - The Prophet's Song

Ugh. I've been not looking forward to this one since I started this project.
When I had a copy of Night on 8-track (lord...) this song was split up between track 2 and 3 which meant listening to the album was always a chore.
TPS starts off as some 70s hippy shit that should have been left on their debut, never to be seen or heard again. But if that's not bad enough, this Jesus Christ Superstar wanna be then devolves into a over produced, multi layered extended vocal solo, then harmony session that lasts a good 2-3 minutes. And you will hate it.
The song is based on a dream that Brian had about Noah's ark.
I haven't heard it in almost 20 years. It's just as pretentious and bad as I recall.

Grade: D


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: