Saturday, June 25, 2011

Queen for a Day - Get Down, Make Love

And now it's Freddie's turn. Listening to parts of NotW I cannot begin to understand the "surprise" of Hot Space. The faux soul of this song predates Another One Bites the Dust even.
Its right here. A salacious bit of hedonism-rock, the song is basically an unholy amalgam of Body Language and The Prophet's Song.
If that makes you wanna listen...okay. But there's no reason to pursue this. The spacey breakdown in the middle is enough to make one scream. I, for one, have not listened to this song in almost 30 years, until this project, and listening again, I get why.
The Oscar Wilde of Mr. Mercury has been abandoned for the Plato's retreat of New York's gay subculture. I'm glad Fred found it, for him (although it could be argued that that experience is what eventually took him from us) but the Queen fan is left wishing he hadn't.

Grade: D+


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: