Friday, July 20, 2007

sad Ipod......sad sad ipod


I bought my second Ipod about 3 1/2 years ago. It was a refrubished model (I am notoriously cheap). After baking it in the sun, cruising in my jeep in the valley, it went sad ipod.
Apple replaced it.
After riding around on my motorcycle and getting caught in the rain, the ipod soaked. It started playing music backwards before it croaked.
Apple replaced.
I dropped that one.
Apple replaced.
That ipod was a crazy little son of a bitch. It went Sad Ipod about 6 times. Each time Apple restored it. I don't know how. But, on the last visit, even though it was way out of warranty, Apple replaced it with yet another refurbished one but told me they wouldn't replace it again. I think I got the better of the deal.

I resigned that that pod would remain in the kitchen stereo as nothing more than a music player in that room.
Then today, I decided, no, it would be fine to take it with me on the road. And I was right. Until I got home, put it in the cradle and, blammo, sad ipod.
So, what do I do?
I certainly never needed the full 60 gig I bought. 30 would have been fine. But I do have almost 30 gig of music on my computer and I like, nay, love, the idea of traveling with my entire library. And since I discovered "Peel" and emusic, I have been overloading on tunes.
So, what should I do? I don't want to buy a new ipod 30 or 60 because I am absolutely certain that this fall/winter will see the release of the new ipod. Actually, I believe that what is coming is the WiFipod. The iphone without the phone. It will look just like the iphone, surf the web at wifi locales, be an ipod and video player, just have no contract with the Death Star to contend with. I'm down with that. I WANT that.
But, what to do now? In the interim? Should I get a Nano? If so, what size? Isn't that a hassle as well? Putting music you like on it 8 gig at a time? How would I choose? What the hell am I going to do??????

What would you do?

No comments: