Sunday, October 7, 2012

Queen for a Day - The Invisible Man



One of the strangest tracks on the record for me. It's so obviously recorded in a studio. It's cold and it's electronic and produced and well, it's written by Roger.
But then it's got the call outs.
"Freddie Mercury!" Roger shouts before the vocals.
"John Deacon!" to highlight the bassline.
"Brian May Brian May!" "Rrrrrrrrrrroger Taylor!"

Now, I used to do this in my band. I would call out members' names during a song and we would highlight them. This way, however, it come across...as an affectation.

But, Allen, how is the song?

Um....fine? It's kind of dumb. But, it's got a hook. The lyrics are idiotic. But not offensive.

Really, this song is a Hot Space track, updated, less funky, on a wee bit more cocaine and buried so deep in the album that it doesn't bother me.

In reality, it's fine. Probably one of the better tracks on this hodgepodge of an album.

Grade: B+

No comments: