Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Architecture Hoedown!

The city came by last week to "check out' the guest house. They found stuff wrong with it. I don't disagree. It needs work. It needs the tenants to move out so I can redo it correctly and make more money on it, but that's a different story.
The city also decided that we need to do something about our carport.



It's not really a carport as much as its a dilapidated shed that really should be torn down and put out of our misery.

Trouble is, figuring out what to do:

We could just roof it, but that's a waste of time and money.


Or we could tear it down and put up a new carport. Which is what we want to do. Except that we would want it to be an enclosed carport. And we would want it to have a door. Which would make it a garage.

I went to Building & Safety today to find out the specs of what I would need to do. They told me to draw the plans and they would approve them. So, let me get this straight: You DON'T want to give me specs so I know what the parameters are for what I want to build. You just want me to draw the plans and have you approve or not. That's stupid.
Bureaucracy. Just as you imagine it.

Here's what we are looking at. Hopefully in a few weeks it will be much nicer.

No comments: