Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Listening Post: Judas Priest - Turbo

Uh-oh.



Judas Priest - Turbo - 1986 (iTunes -Amazon)



Turbo Lover? Oh, dear.
Someone has run almost completely out of ideas or hung out with Freddie Mercury far too often.
Synthesizers? Who is this? Night Ranger? Loverboy?
It must have really sucked to be a Judas Priest fan in 1986. Can you imagine trying to defend this crap? While your younger brother or sister is cranking Poison's Look What the Cat Dragged In you can't say anything because their songs are more fun than anything on this dreadful outing.
And now you're "Locked In" and, well, let's let Priest explain:

I can't stand the way you move it
You drive me crazy with that walk
You get me so excited
I tremble and I shake
When you make the moves you make


This band wrote Screaming for Vengeance? Electric Eye? Killing Machine?

Like I said, Oh, dear.

What should have been a screed against the PMRC, "Parental Guidance" ends up sounding like EVERY. OTHER. GLAM. METAL. BAND. It could have been recorded by Bulletboys, for god's sake.

This is just terrible. And sad.

Grade F
A Side: I will not list Turbo Lover here. I don't care that it was the single.
BlindSide: Rock You All Around the World
DownSide: Private Property, Hot for Love.

No comments: