Thursday, April 9, 2009

One more Space in the Monkey Mixx

There is still room for one more in the Monkey Mixx. It's a daunting mix, I know. All new music. All "must have" releases from this last half decade. I am pleased that there are 5 participants, but we need (or would like) one more.
As an example: here is my tentative list:
Jukebox the Ghost - Hold it In
Elbow - Some Riot
Against Me! - Borne on the FM Waves of the Heart
The Thermals - Here's Your Future
The Fratellis - For the Girl
Nightmare of You - The days Go By So Slow

When the mix is up I will make a post that addresses each song and each album and why you should own it, etc, etc.
But, hey, still looking for that last person.
Anyone?
Anyone?

3 comments:

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Oh oh oh! Count me in, please!

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Here are my choices from the last couple of years. I figured I would still to Canadian artists exclusively, but even so had to leave out some really great ones. Such is the curse of living in a country overrun with talented musicians.

In no particular order:
Cries of the Dead - Chad VanGaalen
Hotline Operator - the Constantines
Means of Escape - Brian Borcherdt
This is the Dream of Win and Regine - Final Fantasy
Just One More - Jon-Rae & the River
Fingers and Tongues - Elliott Brood

Allen Lulu said...

You're in! And we're closed!