Friday, May 23, 2008

Synergy? (Or morbidly bad taste?)

My daughter's asleep in the other room. It's naptime. Wife is out at a meeting. It's cold and my back hurts.
DVR has the season finale of Grey's Anatomy and I decide to check it out while I stretch.
Terrifying story about a kid trapped in cement, only his head is visible and the trauma it is causing to him. Basically, he has 4-6 hours to live before a host of terrible things happen to him because of the cement.
The first commercial break is met with a commercial for the new Honda Pilot. It stars a friend of mine so I watch.
My friend drives his Honda up to a cement mixer where, jokey joke, ha ha, a man is trapped....wait for it...in cement.
They are all pals-y as the Pilot tows the cement mixer with the concrete man in the back seat.

My question. Is this just really poor coincidence or was there some grand scheme? Please tell me it's the former. The latter makes me really really sad.

No comments: