Saturday, September 12, 2015

ADVENTURES IN CORD CUTTING – PART 8 – WHERE ARE WE NOW?


ADVENTURES IN CORD CUTTING – PART 8 – WHERE ARE WE NOW?


Twitt
I get a lot of people asking me about this cord cutting experience. And, after the last post (Number 7 if you are new to this party. I know, the order is messed up here on the ol’ WordPress) I just gotta tell ya: Nothing’s changed. In fact, we seem to be even more committed to the cut.
How shall I put this?
My wife is on board.
I think it was Grimm that did it for her. She got really addicted to the show a few weeks ago. We are kind of divided in this house. She is the Grimm-er and I’m more into the Fairybacks. I dig Once Upon a Time. Which is the cheesier of the two.
Beth started to catch up by jamming the first two seasons on Amazon Prime. I mean, she just ate up those dozens of episodes. And then, she was stuck. We had never TiVo’d them, why would we? But Hulu didn’t have the first half of this, the 3rd season. So, the easiest thing to do was find it on VoD somewhere.
Whatever she couldn’t find she just bought on VuDu. Just a few is all she needed. And, once she did that we both realized that we don’t need cable. Anything we want is just a click away, really. And if it isn’t it will be.
Could she have VoD’d it on DirecTV? Maybe. It actually didn’t occur to me to check, that’s how checked out of DTV I am.
Considering the amount of stuff we want to watch vs the amount of time we have, I just can’t justify cable or satellite.
We are living in a great age of television. Lots and lots of great tv out there. And you don’t need a satellite dish to get it.

No comments: