Friday, July 1, 2011

Queen for a Day - Mustapha

I bought Jazz one summer in Maine and made my father come in and listen to this track with me.
First off, I loved sharing music with my dad. One of my best memories of him is him sitting in my room, listening to the Doors' Greatest Hits with me and asking me questions about why I liked it. He was great that way. He died 21 years ago yesterday.
He had no idea what Freddie was singing. My dad was Israeli, I should mention but much of the lyrics in the song are gibberish, it turns out.
First mostly gibberish song I can totally sing along with.
And what an audacious way to open a record!
I adore Jazz, and a lot of what I love can be found on this song.
It's tight. Great, economic harmonies. Blistering guitar solo.
One of Queen's best.

Grade: A+


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: