Sunday, August 31, 2008

Chowhound: Blu Jam Cafe - West Hollywood


Chowhound is a new entry on Septenary. Since we tend to eat out a lot in LA, be it dinners out, food on the go or brunch/breakys/lunches while working, there's a lot to write about.
More than likely I will be co-listing stuff here that I also post on Yelp but many of you aren't Yelpers and you deserve to get the skinny on the delishisness.

Our Yelp Review:

Eat breakfast like a king, share lunch with your friends & give your dinner to your enemies." So said Camile the chef/owner of Blu Jam as we finished up our family breaky this morning. While my 18 month old daughter gobbled down a *HUGE* bowl of fruit (good fruit, too: blueberries, bananas and strawberries!) my wife powered down the Blu Jam French Toast


and I scarfed my Roma via Paris eggs and potatoes.



We love breakfast out. We have eaten and dozens of morning bistros, griddles and cafes. This one kicks the ass out of each of them.
I say go early, before the shops open and Melrose comes to life when Los Angeles has that sleepy feeling of a city recovering from a helluva night out. Then the parking is easy, there are plenty of seats and the atmosphere is perfect.
If BJC ever put out a cookbook I would be first in line to buy it.


Actual backing music: Frank Sinatra
Suggested background music: Okkervil River.

No comments: